5 FREE CHAPTERS
Get the first 5 chapters (150 pages) sent to your inbox!
About the author Dave Chaplin
Dave Chaplin has lived and breathed contracting since he became a professional contractor in 1997. He spent seven years working as an IT contractor in the City of London on critical, cutting edge IT infrastructure and development projects for global players. Dave’s contracting career has seen him survive and thrive through the highs of the boom years and the lows of the dot-com crash. He founded popular contractor website ContractorCalculator.co.uk, and has been its full-time CEO since 2004.
That role has seen Dave consult with the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), HM Treasury and HM Revenue and Customs on the future of IR35 and on tax simplification. He has become a contracting guru influencing a new generation of contractors through ContractorCalculator.co.uk, the Contractors’ Handbook, regular participation in industry-shaping round-table events, as well as his lectures and presentations on successful contracting.
ContractorCalculator is a leading independent UK internet site for contractors and freelancers, ContractorCalculator first launched in 1999 as ir35calc.co.uk with a range of pay calculators designed to provide accurate estimates of net pay following the introduction of the controversial IR35 tax legislation.
Now ContractorCalculator.co.uk offers FREE to its readers:
- Over thirty online calculators to aid key areas of financial decision making for contractors
- A comprehensive knowledge base of contracting guides covering all the key aspects of contracting
- Timely and accurate reporting on the latest issues facing UK contractors
- In-depth analyses of the key influences affecting contractors and their lifestyles
- A Contractor Doctor feature in which specialists advise on a wide range of the usual, and sometimes bizarre, situations that contractors find themselves in
- Access to contractor financial services ranging from mortgages and pensions to insurance